Sweet Sausage ‘n’ Beans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrots, onion, lima beans, green beans, sausage and baked beans. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour over beans. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 469 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1489mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 10g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 21, 2012
My children love this recipe. Very good and easy to make.
Sep 12, 2011
This was fantastic! Normally my husband doesn't enjoy baked beans but when I made this he had 4 bowls of it! I think next time I will add more sausage and carrots. I left out the onions and lima beans.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.