Sweet & Hot Baked Beans
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes14 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 273 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 6, 2017
I made this for our Memorial Day picnic and my family liked it. I thought the pineapple was a nice added flavor. You would need to add extra jalapeno if you really want heat. I thought that it wasn't all that hot.
May 25, 2015
This was way too sweet. No one liked it at my cookout. I am going to try adding an additional teaspoon of vinegar and mustard to it, hopefully that will cut some of the sweetness.
Jul 29, 2014
Unfortunately no one in my family cared for this recipe.
Jun 21, 2013
I was looking for a different baked bean recipe and this was it! It made a large batch and everyone loved it.
May 27, 2013
I am very sorry, I don't want to hurt the submitters feelings, but this was terrible! I was so excited about making it, I love pineapple. I thought it would taste excellent, but it didn't. It came out crunchy and vinegary tasting. Mine was very watery, not thick at all. I was hoping for so much more.
Apr 20, 2013
Easy to make and was a big hit!