Sweet and Spicy Baked Beans
This recipe is always a hit with guests & family. I am always asked for the recipe. Its so simple and so delicious. —Elliot Wesen, Arlington, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Stir in half of the onions and bacon. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining onions and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 285 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 860 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Originally published as Awesome BBQ Baked Beans in Taste of Home June/July 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.