For our family, there's no pizza as satisfying as this one with its yeast-raised crust and old-fashioned flavor.—Linda Hovey, Mondovi, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir in sugar, salt, oil and flour. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
- With buttered fingers, pat crust into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover with pizza sauce. Top with next four ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 597 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1392mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Old-World Pizza in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.