Georgiana Weathers of Orlando, Florida shared this recipe with a tropical twist that's sure to win raves.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 carrot, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot in 1 tablespoon hot oil for 1 minute. Stir in the celery, sweet peppers and onion; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add sugar snap peas; stir-fry about 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir soy sauce mixture; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vegetable mixture and pineapple chunks; heat through. Serve over rice if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.