Quick Pepperoni Calzones
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce with meat
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix pepperoni, pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four portions. Roll each into a 6-in. circle; top each with a scant 1/3 cup pepperoni mixture. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush milk over tops; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, Italian seasoning. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 calzone: 540 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1573mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 23, 2020
The only change I made was using my own homemade Meat Sauce that I had on hand in the freezer! Next time I’ll add a little more cheese. Delicious! ??
Feb 16, 2020
PLEASE do not leave a one-star rating if you've never made the dish before. That brings down the recipe's rating for no reason and some of us look to that to determine if we'll try it. Make it, like/don't like it, and THEN rate.
Oct 16, 2017
Haven't made yet, reason for 1 star. Can you make these in advance and freeze and if so how long do you think they would last in the freezer? Thanks
Oct 12, 2017
This was a hit with my calzone-loving husband. My kids would like it better with a different filling, but this recipe is a great starting place to tailor to your family's preferences.
Aug 5, 2015
Quick and so yummy. Have made them several times for lunch or with a salad for dinner. Gets my hubby's approval, too!
Apr 25, 2015
Delicious! I made these for my parents and family of 6. I used my breadmaker to make calzone dough. Besides the pepperoni filling, we also did pineapple & Canadian bacon. We will be making these a lot!
Apr 2, 2015
Made these as part of our Superbowl spread. They were super easy to do, and tasted GREAT! We made some plain pepperoni ones, and added other pizza topping ingredients to others. It was ridiculous; we couldn't stop eating them, regardless of how full we were.
Feb 25, 2015
I made these for dinner this week and they were delicious! They were very easy to prepare and very family friendly, my kids loved them! I am a sucker for bread and the kids love pizza so it was a great combination. I used Rhodes frozen bread dough and turkey pepperoni and prepared the recipe as directed. This is certainly a recipe we will be making again!