Yummy Mummy Calzones
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 50 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pitted ripe olive, sliced and cut in half
- Roll out each piece of dough into a rounded triangle shape, about 14-in. high and 11-in. wide at the base of the triangle. Place each on a parchment-lined baking sheet with the tip of the triangle toward you. Lightly score 4-in.-wide rectangle in the center of the triangle 2 in. from the top and bottom.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips at an angle up to the score line, leaving a triangle in the top center of the wide end for the head.
- Inside the scored rectangle in the center, layer the cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and green pepper. Shape the top center triangle into a head. Starting at the head, fold alternating strips of dough at an angle across filling stopping at the last strip on each side. Fold the bottom dough tip up over the filling, then fold the remaining two strips over the top; press down firmly.
- Brush dough with egg. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. For eyes, press 1 olive slice into each head. Discard or save the remaining slices for another use.
- Bake at 350 ° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 358 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 20, 2014
My husband really liked this and it was easy to make.
Nov 9, 2011
I made these for a recent Halloween party and the kids devoured them!!! I made my own bread machine pizza dough recipe and they turned out great. Looking forward to making them for Halloween next year.
Oct 13, 2011
I've made these the past 3 years and they are an absolute HIT! I've had to double the recipe. They are not the easiest to make - I call them "Bloody Mummies" because my pizza sauce leaks out in more than one place & the bread dough pulls apart at the "ribs" - but by adding pepperoni - it just makes them even creepier (& yummier!!)
Oct 26, 2010
it was good but not easy to make! especialy when i made my own dough.
Nov 20, 2009
I made these for the Halloween party my aunt and uncle threw this year and they were gone in a matter of minutes! I made two-a pepperoni and a veggie-next time I'll make more than just two. I also made the Taffy Apple Salad. These fun and festive calzones were a real hit!