Bistro Turkey Calzone
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased baking sheet. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan. Arrange half of turkey over half of the dough; top with cheese, bacon, apple and remaining turkey. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- With a sharp knife, cut 3 slashes in the top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 481 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 19, 2019
These were a good start to a recipe. I used my homemade calzone dough instead of pre packaged. They are bland and just a step above a plain turkey sandwich... I think Ill add a cranberry BBQ sauce inside as well if I make again.
Dec 3, 2013
I loved this! One of my favorite recipes. Very quick to make and easy. I will be doing this again even if it's not Thanksgiving! The bacon complimented this dish very well.