Creamy Sausage-Mushroom Rigatoni
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain and remove sausage from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, covered, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return sausage to skillet; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup meat mixture with 1 cup pasta: 570 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2018
I made this with a couple of adjustments.. I didn't have any cream on hand and I used Alfredo sauce ...easy and quick.
May 5, 2018
Very tasty! :)
Apr 11, 2018
What a great recipe! Very easy to fix and such wonderful flavor! I followed the recipe exactly with the exception of adding a little milk to the sauce, but that was necessary because I had to hold the sauce on the stove for longer than expected when my husband got delayed at work and it had really gotten thick. I will definitely be making this again.
Mar 28, 2018
Easy to make and amazing!!!! Thank you taste of home.
Jan 20, 2018
This is delicious! I did add some onion and garlic as suggested in previous reviews. Definitely a keeper! Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Feild Editor
Nov 4, 2017
This is a delicious and simple recipe. It's very tasty and very filing. My entire family enjoyed it. We will definitely be making it again.
Sep 17, 2017
Pretty good. The market I shop only had ground hot sausage available. It did give the dish more flavor. Try it only if you like heat. I thickened the cream with flour. I added fresh basil, chopped onion, a splash of white wine and grated Romano cheese. The only pasta I had was fetticinie. Will make again in the winter.
Apr 7, 2017
I have already made this recipe twice!!! My family and I love it. I have made it with pork sausage and it turns out just as good. I also added onions in when I sauteed the mushrooms as well. I'm sure you can add other veggies too, but it's good as it is. It is a great recipe that I will be making again in the future!!!
Apr 6, 2017
Excellent flavor! I made it exactly as the recipe called out. Next time I will thicken the sauce up a bit. Yummy!!!
Mar 30, 2017
I used penne instead of rigatoni because I didn't want to go back to the market. Otherwise it tasted exactly like the dish we had in Rome. Delicious. Thank you for sharing