Baked Rigatoni & Sausage
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 5 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and wine.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little spaghetti sauce if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 544 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1341mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Apr 8, 2020
Excellent recipe! I used bulk Italian sausage and rotini pasta. I also did not bake it. Turned out really well!
Dec 31, 2019
Good, quick meal that satisfies a hearty appetite! We cut the sausage into bite-sized pieces to spread it out among the pasta. The spiciness can be varied by using spicier sausage and different types of spaghetti sauce.
Jul 2, 2015
A friend brought me this after I got out of the hospital. My family loved it! It was nourishing to both body and soul!
May 8, 2015
Really great when you are in a hurry!!
Feb 23, 2015
This had nice flavor. I am not a fan of cooking with wine since I don't drink it, but I went ahead and used a Pinot Noir and it was surprisingly delicious. Just a hint of the flavor after it cooked off. I will make this dish again.
May 3, 2013
This was very easy to make. It was a big hit at our house. I will definitely be making this recipe over and over again!
Apr 4, 2013
This is so delicious and easy to make.
Apr 4, 2013
This is so delicious and easy to make. I'll make it next weekend for a family meeting dinner!
Apr 4, 2013
This was great! My husbands absolute favorite. Will definitely make this again and soon.
Mar 10, 2013
I'm all for easy, and this dish definitely fits. Ever sooooo good. Thank you for sharing.