Corn and Broccoli in Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, broccoli and cheeses. In a small bowl, combine soup and milk; pour over vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low until heated through, 3-4 hours. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Nov 16, 2016
We really liked this! My 8 year old son ate his sister's, too (she's super picky and rarely eats vegetables that aren't raw). My husband said it was both different and good, which is a rare combination! I was super busy and didn't get to put it in the crockpot, so at dinner time, I used steam-in-the-bag veggies and cooked them that way in the microwave. Then I dumped them into a casserole dish with the other ingredients and pre-melted the Velveeta in the microwave, too. Then I mixed it all together, put a lid on the casserole dish, and microwaved it for 3 more minutes just to be sure it was all heated through, and it was wonderful! I would definitely make this again.
Nov 26, 2015
This didn't quite meet my expectations. It was very plain. I think with the addition of some spices it would be better.
Nov 3, 2015
Great. I also liked redcow's take on it.
Feb 20, 2013
I loved this. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken soup. Didn't have quite enough of the veelveta so made up the difference with cream cheese.
Jan 18, 2011
I add some diced ham and put all in the crockpot and it is ready when we get home from church. Hubby says it doesn't look appealing, but sure taste good.
Nov 22, 2010
really easy and tasty
Aug 24, 2010
added a little spiral pasta , very good
May 29, 2010
Loved it the way it is. Ill use this one all year long.
Nov 30, 2009
Big hit on Thankgiving. Next modifiction will to be adding some garlic and experimenting with horseradish( not sure about that).
Nov 28, 2009
quick & easy, got great reviews at Thanksgiving, will try next time w/ fresh broccoli