Pressure-Cooker Smoked Sausage and White Beans
My husband grew up in the South, where sausage and beans were on the menu weekly. I had never heard of them, but quickly became a fan. Serve the dish over white rice and add some crusty bread to soak up the broth. —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 smoked ham hock (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, oregano and basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice and minced fresh parsley
- Sriracha chili sauce, optional
- Place water, beans, sausage, ham hock, onion, garlic, salt, sugar and seasonings in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 22 minutes.
- Quick release pressure. Press cancel. Remove ham hock. Serve bean mixture with rice, parsley and desired amount of cooking liquid. If desired, serve with chili sauce.