Roasted Curried Chickpeas and Cauliflower
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Roast until vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 339 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 21, 2017
We were both a little surprised how good this was! I used Yukon Gold potatoes because that's what I had. I used 1 T dried parsley instead of the fresh cilantro (not a cilantro fan), and put the parsley in the olive oil mixture right away. I think I might try red potatoes some time, just to add some color. (I cubed the potatoes, but did not peel them after I washed them. Thanks for this new combination! We will definitely make this again.
Nov 13, 2016
Great simple vegetarian weeknight dinner! I also like it with a little squeeze of lime juice at the end.
Jul 1, 2016
Really good and so simple. This would be easily adaptable with other spices to make different variations.
May 6, 2015
I made this tonight to go with roasted chicken. Delicious!!! My Hubby and I both loved it! Thanks a bunch!