Skillet Chicken with Barbecue Onion
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and red pepper to same pan; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce: 250 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 1, 2017
This is a simple, no-fuss dish that comes together in minutes and makes a great presentation on your plate. Perfect for a light weeknight dinner, or for unexpected guests. The only change I made was substituting the salt & pepper for my own easy house meat rub which is salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. The flavor of the finished dish is going to vary by your choice of barbecue sauce, but as long as it's a favorite, it can't go wrong.
Feb 27, 2016
Would make again. Loved it. Will make it with thighs next time.
Mar 11, 2015
My family and I thought this recipe was really good. I like how quick and easy it was to put together and get on the table! And had good flavor it was a great way to sneak some vegetables in to my toddler.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.