Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and orange peppers, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to the pan. Add vinegar; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 28, 2014
We really enjoyed this and so simple to prepare.
Sep 11, 2011
Eliminated the salt and substituted a salt-free "mural of flavor" herb mix (Penzey's). Ended up using less oil too - very yummy, even the 4 year old loved it. Served with mashed potatoes but would be very good with orzo or roasted potatoes (perhaps with a little Parmesan)