Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and orange peppers, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to the pan. Add vinegar; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Jun 28, 2014
We really enjoyed this and so simple to prepare.
Sep 11, 2011
Eliminated the salt and substituted a salt-free "mural of flavor" herb mix (Penzey's). Ended up using less oil too - very yummy, even the 4 year old loved it. Served with mashed potatoes but would be very good with orzo or roasted potatoes (perhaps with a little Parmesan)