Chicken Legs with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Just a handful of ingredients give this mouthwatering meal maker its light, lemony flavor. —Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place chicken in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices, 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken leg quarter: 261 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as CHICKEN LEGS WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012
Sep 2, 2017
Lots of flavor. Easy to prepare. Definitely making this again!
Jun 11, 2012
Love the marinade for this. So much flavor! My husband raved. Chicken was so tasty and delicious. A keeper for sure!