Slow-Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 (6 ounces each ) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. In another bowl, combine egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat both sides (patting to help adhere). Repeat.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker. Pour sauce over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 4-6 hours. Top with cheese, recover, and cook until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 475 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1689mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 50g protein.
Mar 24, 2020
My family loved every bite of this recipe. This one will be made several times a month in my home.
Jan 12, 2020
Made this the other night and it was delicious.
Jan 7, 2019
My family loved this recipe! It was quick and easy to put together and the chicken was cooked in 4 hours. This recipe will stay in my slow cooker meals rotations!