Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
When the Packers play the Bears, I always plan a party and make sure this is on the menu. Using the slow cooker means I can get to watch the game, too! I serve the chicken on submarine rolls with a bit of the sauce and some chopped lettuce. Or cut the chicken breasts in half and make sliders. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 (6 ounces each ) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. In another bowl, combine egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat both sides (patting to help adhere). Repeat.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker. Pour sauce over chicken and top with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, about 4-6 hours. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 475 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1689mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 50g protein.
Originally published as Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.