Quick Chicken Kiev
“I make these pretty chicken breasts all the time and just love the taste,” writes Dorothy LaCombe of Hamburg, New York. “Because they’re microwaved, they’re ready to serve in no time.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, chives, garlic powder and pepper; shape into four cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube in the center of each. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, parsley and paprika. Melt remaining butter. Dip chicken into butter; coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Place seam side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with pan drippings if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Kiev for Two in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.