Chicken Cordon Bleu Puffs
I bought a new jumbo muffin tin and wanted to use it. I love the flavors of chicken cordon bleu, but wanted a faster weeknight version, so I pulled this recipe togerther one evening. We loved it so much I had to make it again the next week! —Angela Keller, Newburgh, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 4 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (17.30 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, seasoned salt and mustard; remove from heat. Stir in chicken, ham and Swiss cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each pastry out into an 11-inch square. Cut each pastry into fourths. Place in 8 greased jumbo muffin cups, pressing gently onto bottoms and up sides, allowing corners to point up. Divide chicken mixture among cups. Bring pastry corners together and pinch to seal.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.