Cajun-Style Brunch Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 427 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 265mg cholesterol, 1254mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 24, 2013
Excellent recipe! I use a 9 x 13; add 2 more eggs and 2 more slices of bread. I also use refrigerated shredded hashbrowns. It comes out great! Family looks forward to it on Christmas morning!
Nov 15, 2010
I added crumbled cooked sausage and used half cream and half milk. It was DELISH!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.