Blueberry Brunch Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Additional blueberries, optional
- Additional maple syrup
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add milk and 1/3 cup syrup until blended. Pour half over the bread. Top with the remaining bread and cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with syrup.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Feb 6, 2011
It was easy to make. Nothing to write home about but it tasted good.
Dec 30, 2010
Great! Takes time to make, but makes a ton
Sep 28, 2009
I recently made this recipe for my family get-together. It was a huge hit and everyone requested the recipe! I recently made it again with huckleberries and it was just wonderful.