Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Stir in oats.
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer in a greased 9-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with blueberries. Pour oatmeal mixture over top, spreading evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven. Preheat broiler.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and butter with a fork until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over oatmeal. Broil 7-8 inches from heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 483 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein.
May 14, 2017
It was good, but very sweet and very filling. It's not something I will make a lot but will enjoy it on occasion.
Nov 18, 2015
Whole family thoroughly enjoyed this for dinner. It never set around the edges as much as I thought it was during the baking time, but it helped after sitting for 10 minutes. Almost burnt the topping. Make sure it is 7-8 inches away from broiler and not closer. Oh, and I added a mashed over-ripe banana to the oatmeal mixture, too.
Nov 17, 2015
This was good, but super sweet and very rich. It was more of a dessert than a breakfast.
Oct 27, 2015
A delicious breakfast treat! Easy to make I made it the night before and my hubby and I just warmed up our servings before work the next morning. I used walnut instead of pecans in the streusel topping because I love walnuts in my oatmeal. I will definitely be making this when my young grandsons come to visit!
Sep 26, 2015
My whole family really enjoyed this. My husband is usually picky when it comes to oatmeal bakes but this one he loved. We had to fight him for the last bite! I used strawberries in place of the blueberries because it's what I had on hand. I also had to leave out the nuts because I didn't have any. I will definitely be making this again for breakfast!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.