Cheesy Cajun Cornbread Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cornbread mix, cheese, Cajun seasoning, chives and pepper in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter; continue pulsing until crumbly. Add buttermilk and eggs to form moist dough (dough will be thick).
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 8x4-in. rectangle. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until light brown, 18-20 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 300°. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 83 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 6, 2019
I must have done something wrong because these came out very crumbly. they taste good, but I'd be happier if they weren't so sweet and not fall apart. I suppose all of the instant corn bread mixes have lots of sugar in them. In the south we don't add sugar to our cornbread! Marcia