Makeover Hash and Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Additional pepper, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Stir in potatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corned beef and pepper; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, fry eggs in remaining oil as desired. Season with additional pepper if desired. Serve with corned beef hash.
Nutrition Facts1 egg with 1 cup hash: 301 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 3, 2010
Loved this. However, 1/4 cup water was not nearly enough. I kept adding water. I also added a splash of Worcestershire sauce, more black pepper, and a bit of Herbes de Provence for a little more flavor. It made closer to 8 servings than 4.
Jan 26, 2010
I just made this for breakfast this morning. My husband and I both enjoyed it, and it's a fairly simple recipe, so I know I'll be making this one again.