Italian Cloud Eggs
Drop egg yolks on nests of whipped Italian-seasoned egg whites, then bake in a cast-iron skillet. Dreamy!—Matthew Hass, Franklin, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Separate eggs; place whites in a large bowl and yolks in 4 separate small bowls. Beat egg whites, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until stiff peaks form.
- In a 9-in. cast-iron skillet generously coated with cooking spray, drop egg white mixture into four mounds. With the back of a spoon, create a small well in the center of each mound. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until light brown, about 5 minutes. Gently slip an egg yolk into each of the mounds. Bake until yolks are set, 3-5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with basil and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 96 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat.
Originally published as Cloud Eggs in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.