Crab Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a bowl, mash yolks. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 76 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 28, 2016
Great idea and very delicious. I have a small family so I cut the recipe in half. Added crab meat, mayo, mustard & Worcestershire sauce (and a splash of pickle juice) to food processor to get a very smooth texture for easy piping. Worked beautifully. Topped with Old Bay as suggested by Alice below, and sprinkled crushed Ritz crackers on top for a little crunch. Man-o-man...That's some good stuff!!!
Jan 27, 2016
A little Old Bay on top and these are fabulous!
Mar 5, 2013
Thanks Devon. I did a little variation to bring down the cost. Used albacore tuna drained and 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp lemon zest. Yum!
Mar 27, 2012
If you really want to really make them decadent, crumble up some freshly cooked bacon and put some in the bottom of the egg before you pipe in the filling.
Mar 25, 2012
I took LiRm advice and sprinkled the Old Bay seasoning on top. These eggs are fantastic. I usually do not steer away from my personal deviled egg recipes because my family always complains. But this recipes is a keeper. When making deviled eggs again I will probably have to make my personal recipe as well as this one. I did not used canned crab because I had some real crab pieces I had just recently purchased for another recipe and had frozen the leftover.
Apr 19, 2010
These are SO GOOD!! I just finished making this recipe, and I couldn't wait to try one. Delicious! A perfect blend of seasonings---I wouldn't change anything. These will be great for summer, but I don't think I can wait that long to make them again! Thanks!
Mar 17, 2010
Try sprinkling a little Old Bay seasoning on top. Fantastic!