Santa Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- Hot water
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 to 2 ounces thick sliced deli ham, cut into 24 pieces
- 1/2 roasted sweet red pepper strips, cut into 24 thin pieces
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- Peel and cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl. Fill a mug 1/3 full with hot water. Stir in food coloring. Dip the narrow end of each egg into the red water and hold for 10-15 seconds. Drain eggs on paper towels, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, paprika and, if desired, horseradish sauce. Spoon or pipe into each egg white. Attach capers for eyes, a ham piece for a nose and a pepper piece for a mouth.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert #16 star pastry tip. Fill bag with cream cheese. Pipe eyebrows, mustache and beard on face; pipe pom-pom and trim on hat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Dec 10, 2017
LOVE the idea, but any ideas on what to use besides cream cheese for the beard and hat trim? (no sour cream either, sorry) This would be great, our family really enjoys deviled eggs.
Sep 2, 2016
These are so cute!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.