Pickled Pepperoncini Deviled Eggs
It's hard to resist these adorable deviled trees on our buffet table. The avocado filling has pepperoncini and cilantro for extra zip. —Carmell Childs, Clawson, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 jar (16 ounces) garlic and dill pepperoncini
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. Mash yolks. Stir in 1 teaspoon minced garlic from the pepperoncini jar and 2 teaspoons pepperoncini juice. Add 3 tablespoons minced pepperoncini and the whole avocado; mash with a fork until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a medium star tip. Transfer avocado mixture to bag. Pipe into egg whites, swirling it upward to resemble Christmas trees. Sprinkle trees with minced red pepper, chili powder and remaining cilantro.
- Cut open and seed one larger pepperoncini; slice into 12 small diamond shapes to top Christmas trees. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Save remaining pepperoncini for another use.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 59 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Festive Pickled-Peperoncini Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.