Sweet Onion Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
For my mother's 92nd birthday, we had pimiento cheese deviled eggs as part of the spread. They’re timeless and always in good taste. —Linda Foreman, Locust Grove, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons diced pimientos, drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional diced pimientos and finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a bowl, mash yolks. Stir in cheese, mayonnaise, pimientos, onion, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon or pipe mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with additional pimientos and cheese. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Test Kitchen Tips