Skull Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips, plus whole corn chips (optional)
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, peppers, mustard, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper until blended.
- Using a small and a large straw, decorate each egg white to make a skull with eyes, a nose and a mouth. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg whites. Place crushed chips in a shallow bowl. Dip each exposed yolk into chips. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If desired, garnish plate with whole corn chips.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nov 6, 2016
These are adorable and perfect for Halloween! I added more mayo than called for in the recipe and only half the vinegar. Served them on a bed of corn chips as shown. Spooky, yummy and fun!! Everyone loved them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.