Roasted Garlic Deviled Eggs
I love incorporating new flavors into old classics, and these garlic deviled eggs were a big hit! The garlic can be roasted and the eggs can be hard-boiled up to three days in advance. The egg yolk filling can be made the night before. —Ellen Weaver, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Chopped fresh chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb, but do not peel or separate the cloves. Cut off top of garlic bulb, exposing individual cloves. Drizzle cut cloves with oil. Wrap in foil. Bake until cloves are soft and light golden, 50-60 minutes. Unwrap; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to a bowl; reserve whites. Squeeze garlic from skins and add to yolks; mash yolks and garlic with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, cheese and paprika.
- Spoon or pipe filling into egg whites. If desired, sprinkle with chives. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 78 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Deviled Eggs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.