Cream Cheese Clouds
This attractive dessert is like a meringue but without all the fuss. The "clouds" are made the night before and quickly filled just before and quickly filled just before serving. In a pinch, I've used canned pie filling for the fresh strawberries.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating until thickened.
- Spoon mixture into 10 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, fill with strawberries and garnish with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 294 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Clouds in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.