Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (about 15 ounces)
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 naan flatbreads, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Additional salsa, optional
- Cook potatoes according to package directions for stovetop.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, mix beans and salsa. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, 1-2 minutes, stirring once. In a large nonstick skillet, heat naan over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes per side; remove from pan. Keep warm.
- Coat same skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired.
- To serve, spread bean mixture over naan. Top with potatoes, eggs and cheese. If desired, serve with additional salsa.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 430 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 31, 2019
This was delicious and would make a great light dinner too. I added a bit of cumin and garlic and chili powder along with some minced red onion to the beans and used salsa verde because I didn't have fresh read salsa. Pepper jack cheese. Great, simple, tasty recipe!
Apr 15, 2018
These were AMAZING! I did our eggs over easy, because runny egg yolks and hash browns are perfection.Loved the refried beans on the bread. We will be eating this again.
Mar 11, 2018
Nov 20, 2017
This was easy, satisfying, and it's easy to change up the spiciness level for different family members. We really liked having the rancheros on the naan bread!