Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in the potato mixture; break 2 eggs into each well.
- Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 395 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 461mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Sep 23, 2019
Rosa, I have made this many times and I use whatever potatoes we have. The reds give a good color but my personal favorite is Yukon gold because I love the flavor. I have even used frozen hash browns if I have them. It still turns out great.
Feb 1, 2019
Hello there, just curious but do the potatoes necessarily need to be red potatoes ? could they just be regular , thanks so much it looks amazing!
Oct 2, 2018
Will try to get it made at home-hope so many eggs dont add up to my cholestorol-maybe will reduce a egg or two-lovely recipe
Mar 20, 2018
I used unpeeled red potatoes, a small onion instead of garlic added when potatoes were almost done on stovetop. I added some cut up raw asparagus as it was going into the oven. Delicious!
Aug 20, 2017
We used a frozen potato/pepper o'brien mix to make this today. Followed the recipe but for adding 1 tsp dried oregano, and using just 6 eggs (2 in 2 of the egg wells, and 1 in the other 2 wells). What an incredibly yummy dish! Served with some chunky salsa, but I don't think any of us used it.I'm pretty sure we'll be making this many times!
Jan 19, 2017
I do this all the time, (without the cheese though) but without the oven. On medium heat, I add the eggs & put the lid on the skillet. After a minute or two, I add an ounce or so of cold water, recover & when the eggs are soft basted, it's time to eat!
Nov 21, 2016
We loved this. I made half the recipe and subbed some frozen hashbrown potatoes that I needed to use up. I love one pan meals!
Oct 30, 2016
Very tasty!! I will make this again for sure!
Oct 3, 2016
My 5 year old wouldn't eat the eggs, but that's only because he only likes scrambled eggs or quiche, but my husband and I loved it. I will definitely make it again and I like that it's versatile: onions, peppers, sausage or bacon could easily be added if desired.
Jul 24, 2016
The whole family loves this dish. Super easy to make on one of those busy nights.