Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 395 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 461mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2019
Hello there, just curious but do the potatoes necessarily need to be red potatoes ? could they just be regular , thanks so much it looks amazing!
Oct 2, 2018
Will try to get it made at home-hope so many eggs dont add up to my cholestorol-maybe will reduce a egg or two-lovely recipe
Mar 20, 2018
I used unpeeled red potatoes, a small onion instead of garlic added when potatoes were almost done on stovetop. I added some cut up raw asparagus as it was going into the oven. Delicious!
Aug 20, 2017
We used a frozen potato/pepper o'brien mix to make this today. Followed the recipe but for adding 1 tsp dried oregano, and using just 6 eggs (2 in 2 of the egg wells, and 1 in the other 2 wells). What an incredibly yummy dish! Served with some chunky salsa, but I don't think any of us used it.I'm pretty sure we'll be making this many times!
Jan 19, 2017
I do this all the time, (without the cheese though) but without the oven. On medium heat, I add the eggs & put the lid on the skillet. After a minute or two, I add an ounce or so of cold water, recover & when the eggs are soft basted, it's time to eat!
Nov 21, 2016
We loved this. I made half the recipe and subbed some frozen hashbrown potatoes that I needed to use up. I love one pan meals!
Oct 30, 2016
Very tasty!! I will make this again for sure!
Oct 3, 2016
My 5 year old wouldn't eat the eggs, but that's only because he only likes scrambled eggs or quiche, but my husband and I loved it. I will definitely make it again and I like that it's versatile: onions, peppers, sausage or bacon could easily be added if desired.
Jul 24, 2016
The whole family loves this dish. Super easy to make on one of those busy nights.
Feb 29, 2016
Delicious and easy! And it also looked fantastic! Thinking about adding chopped up bacon in it the next time