Four-Cheese Baked Eggs
When I created this dish I was thrilled that my husband enjoyed it so much. He normally prefers omelets for brunch, but devoured his first helping of these eggs, then asked for more. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, butter, salt and pepper; beat until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour with baking powder; add to egg mixture. Stir in Gruyere and chives. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Originally published as Golden Four Cheese Baked Eggs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.