Four-Cheese Baked Eggs
When I created this dish I was thrilled that my husband enjoyed it so much. He normally prefers omelets for brunch, but devoured his first helping of these eggs, then asked for more. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, butter, salt and pepper; beat until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour with baking powder; add to egg mixture. Stir in Gruyere and chives. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 279 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Golden Four Cheese Baked Eggs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Oct 31, 2018
love this recipe - fun to make and so much cheese which is my kind of a meal. I did sprinkle some chives on top after baking just for the prettyness. LOve this recipe