This impressive and festive-looking cheese spread is simple to put together and never fails to get raves at parties. Before I retired. I looked for recipes like this that can be prepared way ahead. — Jeanne Messina, Darien, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, softened
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Red and green apple slices or cracker
- In a bowl, beat one package if cream cheese with milk and sour cream until smooth. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate lined with plastic wrap. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In a bowl, beat Brie, Swiss, blue cheese and remaining cream cheese until thoroughly combined. Gently spread over chopped pecans, smoothing the top to form a flat surface. Cover and chill overnight or up to 3-4 days.
- Before serving, invert onto a plate and remove plastic wrap. Arrange pecan halves on top. Serve with apples or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 152 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Pate in Taste of Home October/November 1997