Perfect Four-Cheese Lasagna
Lasagna is one of my favorite meals, and this is the recipe I’ve been making since I was a teenager. It’s a tantalizing combo of pasta, meat sauce, cheese and more cheese that really lives up to its name! —Lauren Delaney-Wallace, Glen Carbon, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles (about 7 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in herbs and tomato sauce. In a bowl, mix eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; layer with 4 noodles, cottage cheese mixture, an additional 4 noodles and half of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat last 2 layers. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with greased foil; bake until cheese is melted, 50-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake lasagna, as directed, until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, increasing time to 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 279 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Four Cheese Lasagna in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.