Perfect Four-Cheese Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles (about 7 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in herbs and tomato sauce. In a bowl, mix eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; layer with 4 noodles, cottage cheese mixture, an additional 4 noodles and half of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat last 2 layers. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with greased foil; bake until cheese is melted, 50-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake lasagna, as directed, until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, increasing time to 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 279 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Aug 10, 2019
What a great lasagna recipe. I used ricotta cheese, as I did not have the cottage cheese, and it turned out better than I though. Great hit with family.
Jul 18, 2019
This is a great lasagna recipe. The cottage cheese was a bit hard to get my kids to eat but they enjoyed it once they gave it a try.
Jul 10, 2019
I made this recipe today! I'd used a RED onion, chopped along with the ground beef and garlic! I used an 8-oz. package of no-cook lasagna! I sampled this dish and it is SCRUMPTIOUS! Thank you for sharing this recipe, Lauren Delaney-Wallace!
Jul 3, 2019
I used full fat cottage cheese and it worked great. I've found that ricotta (although traditional) can be grainy. The full fat cottage cheese gave the dish a great texture. It's also much more affordable than ricotta!
Jul 2, 2019
I made as is except being Italian I HAD to sub ricotta for the cottage cheese. Good flavor for a very quick and simple lasagna. I would add more seasonings next time, just for personal preference, but this turned out very good.