Turkey Salad with Pear Dressing
This salad is perfect for using up leftover turkey, chicken or deli meat. Anjou pears are such a great winter fruit. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium ripe pears, divided
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Coarsely ground pepper
- For dressing, place the first five ingredients in a blender. Peel, halve and core one pear; add to blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- Peel, core and thinly slice remaining pear. Divide arugula among four plates; top with turkey, sliced pear, pomegranate seeds, pecans, cranberries and green onions. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 364 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Turkey-Pear Arugala Salad with Pear Vinegarette in Country Woman February/March 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.