TLC (Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole)
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 65 min.
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Layer first 6 ingredients in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Add corn, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over top; let stand 15 minutes. Dot with butter and sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 415 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jan 7, 2015
My husband and I absolutely loved this recipe! I will make it now every year at Thanksgiving time. :-) It is even better than homemade stuffing. :-)
Dec 2, 2014
Ingredient list sounded good but it taste very bland to me and my family. Not something I'll make again.