Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spread tortilla strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Stir cilantro into soup. Top servings with tortilla strips. If desired, serve with additional salsa.
Freeze Option: Reserving tortillas for later, freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Meanwhile, bake tortillas as directed and sprinkle over each serving. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
1-1/3 cups (calculated without additional salsa): 203 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1264mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.