Turkey Almond Salad
Our congregation was holding a luncheon at which I was helping, and we were supposed to use turkey left over from the church's Thanksgiving supper. Everyone liked this so much that—at another church luncheon—we cooked a turkey for the specific purpose of making my salad. —Donna Rear, Olds, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the turkey, cabbage, celery and green onions; toss to combine. Cover and chill for several hours. Just before serving, add the chow mein noodles, almonds and sesame seeds; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 388 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Almond Salad in Country Woman September/October 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.