Day-After-Thanksgiving Turkey Stir-Fry
I work for a priest, Fr. Leo, who loves to cook and shared this recipe with me. Perfect for the day after Thanksgiving, the dish encompasses the holiday spirit, while adding a twist. —Stefen Lovelace, Marriottsville, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute beans and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over bean mixture. Add turkey; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cashews and, if desired, cilantro. Serve with rice.