Spanish Rice Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (6.8 ounces each) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- In a large skillet, saute rice and vermicelli in butter until golden brown. Gradually stir in the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packets. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, corn, sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir in rice mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Rice Turkey Casserole(5)
Sort By :
The taste was amazing in this dish. I did substitute cooked ground beef in place of turkey. I live with my brother and he is not a big turkey fan. He loved this, even had seconds.
Thanks for the recipe!
Great taste and easy to put together. I used boneless chicken breast and thighs instead of turkey because that is what I had on hand. Recipe is a good size to feed crew of hearty eaters.
This is great. Just now eating it. I used canned chicken instead of Turkey and I used one can of Petite diced tomatoes and a cup of salsa. I also out some cooked onions in it. Other than that it is a great recipe. Family loved it.
We've made this recipe over and over, using cooked chicken instead of turkey, and everyone loves it.
Every time I share this dish I get asked for the recipe. This is one of my sons favorite dishes. I use fresh sweet corn instead of canned. Yummy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >