- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup julienned carrot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrot in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the turkey, tomato, dressing mix and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and toss again. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Next Day Turkey Primavera
Sort By :
"Another fine recipe that is full of flavor even after modifying it to accommodate a low sodium diet. Instead of regular butter, I use unsalted butter. For the Italian dressing mix packet, I make my own (search the web) and cut the salt immensely. I did include onions when I cooked the carrots. In addition, I also doubled the veggies and pasta but left seasoning, butter, cream and chicken/turkey amounts as indicated in the recipe. I will definitely make this again. I certainly wish ToH would have included the breakdown of sodium, calories, etc. to take out the guessing. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!"
"One of our family favorites. I usually make it with chicken, but use all the other ingredients as listed."
"Excellent, couldn't wait to eat the second day as a leftover again"
"Wonderful!! I used whatever veggies I had in the house. The only change I made was to add cornstarch to thicken the sauce. This will be a regular addition to our meal rotation!"
"Delicious! I used the left-over turkey from the Slow-Cooked Herbed Turkey recipe, omitted the asparagus and added bell pepper. So good my family added it to our "top 10" meals."