I make this recipe often around the holidays. It's a wonderful way to use leftover turkey without feeling like it's a "repeat" meal. I love pasta, and the creamy sauce in this primavera is so easy to make. —Robyn Hardisty, Lakewood, California
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup julienned carrot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrot in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the turkey, tomato, dressing mix and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and toss again. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Next Day Turkey Primavera in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Next Day Turkey Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review