Next Day Turkey Primavera Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup julienned carrot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrot in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the turkey, tomato, dressing mix and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and toss again. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Next Day Turkey Primavera
Sort By :
Wonderful!! I used whatever veggies I had in the house. The only change I made was to add cornstarch to thicken the sauce. This will be a regular addition to our meal rotation!
Delicious! I used the left-over turkey from the Slow-Cooked Herbed Turkey recipe, omitted the asparagus and added bell pepper. So good my family added it to our "top 10" meals.
I am so glad to have found this recipe again. I made it several years ago, and it was wonderful. My husband and 4 kids all loved it.
This was delicious eventhough I used 2% milk instead of cream which I didn't have. I used a bit of corn starch to thicken it. I think brocolli would work in place of asparagus. I will definately try this again.
the sauce turned out great, very creamy