Next Day Turkey Primavera Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup julienned carrot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrot in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the turkey, tomato, dressing mix and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and toss again. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Next Day Turkey Primavera
Sort By :
"Excellent, couldn't wait to eat the second day as a leftover again"
"Wonderful!! I used whatever veggies I had in the house. The only change I made was to add cornstarch to thicken the sauce. This will be a regular addition to our meal rotation!"
"Delicious! I used the left-over turkey from the Slow-Cooked Herbed Turkey recipe, omitted the asparagus and added bell pepper. So good my family added it to our "top 10" meals."
"I am so glad to have found this recipe again. I made it several years ago, and it was wonderful. My husband and 4 kids all loved it."
"This was delicious eventhough I used 2% milk instead of cream which I didn't have. I used a bit of corn starch to thicken it. I think brocolli would work in place of asparagus. I will definately try this again."