"It's easy to make this smooth, zippy spread," says Linda Rock of Stratford, Wisconsin. "And it tastes oh, so good!"
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) braunschweiger
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. stir in the braunschweiger, sour cream, onion, mustard and cayenne; mix well. Press into a 1-1/2 cups bowl lined with plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Invert onto a plate; garnish with parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Mushroom Liver Pate in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p8
Reviews for Mushroom Liver Pate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review