Portobello Mushrooms Florentine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray; place in a 15x10x1-in. pan, stem side up. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Whisk together eggs and salt; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, basil.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed mushroom: 126 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Feb 22, 2017
Excellent. Flavor is awesome and this is easy to make.
Mar 6, 2014
very flavourful - easy and quick
May 8, 2011
We doubled this recipe for a breakfast for two on Mother's Day because it was so healthy. Both of us were thrilled to have found something relatively easy to make, healthy, and excellent in taste!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.