Meaty Mushroom Chili
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 70 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, V8 juice, tomato paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 364 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1189mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2018
This is a GREAT alternative to those of us who aren't particularly fond of kidney beans.
Jun 24, 2017
My kids and I love mushrooms so this chili hits the spot!!!
Dec 16, 2016
can it be called chili without chili powder though?
Mar 17, 2015
My mom hates chili and she devoured this one!
Nov 24, 2012
this is my sons favorite chili one likes the beans added and the other wants no beans so I ask who is coming over and make it to suit the one who is coming lol but the best recipe try it over mashed potatoes even better and a complete meal.
Jan 20, 2012
love it I fix it all the time except add beans too.
Nov 7, 2008
uses v-8 juice