Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in thyme, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and salt. Cool completely.
- Unfold one pastry sheet. Spread half of the mushroom mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up the left and right sides toward the center, jelly-roll style, until rolls meet in the middle. Cut into 24 slices. Repeat with remaining pastry and mushrooms.
- Place on greased baking sheets. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over pastries. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Freeze option: Freeze cooled appetizers in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, preheat oven to 400°. Reheat appetizers on a greased baking sheet until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 pastry: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 19, 2017
YUM!! I plan on serving this as a Thanksgiving appetizer. Nice and light, with a crispy puff pastry.
Feb 5, 2013
5 stars for sure! Easy, quick and delicious. Also impressive. Will keep handy for parties, etc.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.