Shiitake and Manchego Scramble
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in horseradish; cook 2 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and remaining olive oil. Pour into skillet; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 274 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 17, 2018
I cooked the onion, peppers, and mushrooms longer then it called for and used more cheese. I couldn't find the particular mushrooms so I just used fresh locally grown mushrooms. I also added sausage links. Wow, this is super but it's hard to see how I could lose weight using heavy cream ??? Super, super, and super ....